Friday, November 14, 2008

What a night!

A week ago my post was titled “time to dig out the winter gear” because it was starting to get cold on our rides. Well, last night we not only didn’t need winter gear, I was wishing I hadn’t worn my jacket…. It was so warm that by the time we were done I had totally sweat through my gloves and my jacket. (btw – there’s nothing quite as gross as taking off your helmet at the top of a climb, only to have the sweat run down your neck as you squish it back onto your head when you start again)

It was a great night, with a full moon to boot. Evidently we weren’t the only ones out taking advantage of the weather. We must have seen at least a dozen other riders out there. More than I think I’ve seen on any other night ride.
Afterwards, we were joined by Jerry (aka broken-wing) and Sandy for the bbq. It was good to see them as we’ve missed him on our rides while he heals up.

Jim and Lynn brought brats and Jim grilled them to perfection with some onions boiled in beer on top…..it’s no wonder I’m gaining weight even though I ride 2-3 times per week.

No comments: