Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spin class??? Maybe this time….

For some reason, Spring has decided to take a break and allow the rain back into it’s schedule….. I know, I know, April showers, May flowers and all that junk….whatever! I’ve moved on…I’m ready for warm weather and shorts….no more rain…..drought or no drought….I don’t care….

So, tonight I will once again attempt to take a spin class. This will be my 3rd attempt. The first time I showed up on time and the 12 year old waif with zero percent bodyfat told me “sorry, it’s already full, you need to get here early”…. So, forewarned is forearmed and on the second attempt, I arrived 35 minutes before class...and was told the same thing…..but I am early!!! To which she ever so sweetly smiled and explained that the class sign in sheet is put out and filled up exactly 1 hour before class starts. I could reserve a spot for a $1 fee….

Of course I, being the tightwad that I am, don’t believe in paying to reserve a spot in a free class, so tonight, I will show up at least one hour early and watch until they put out the sign up sheet to make sure I get on the list.

Obviously I’ve never done a spin class and truth be told, I’m still not sure I’m ready for this. I mean, it’s bad enough I’m willing to ride my bike in public wearing lycra and spandex. Many of my co-workers already make fun of me and have openly questioned my masculinity…..and to be completely honest, I’m not sure I want to ride a bike for 60 minutes and not get anywhere. That just sounds like torture….afterall, I’m pretty sure the treadmill and the exercise bike are the leading cause of boredom induced suicide.

And, have you ever actually looked at the people that come out of the spin class? They’re young, thin, very fit looking people and most of them shuffle out of there as if they’ve just finished the Bataan Death March…..and I would guess that some of them paid to get on the list for that class…..

Oh well, I guess that, being secure in my masculinity and always eager to attempt and overcome a new challenge, I might as well give it a go….Stay tuned…..

No comments: