Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Finally nice weather…

After what I’m sure is the longest and wettest winter since Noah was buying up lumber and counting out animals two by two, we’ve finally gotten a stretch of nice weather. And, with the Death Ride less than a month away and me at least 3 months away from an appropriate level of fitness, I’ll spend this evening with the Devil in the east bay…
Tonight should be one of those fun, yet painful events. On the plus side, I’m looking forward to getting out on the bike without a jacket or arm warmers. On the down side, my lungs may actually explode and I’ll be found tomorrow on the side of the road looking like a piece of road kill.

This year, as in year’s past, I have not trained for the Death Ride as I should have. Although, in my defense, it has rained pretty much every day since November so it’s not really my fault….at least that’s going to be my excuse as people keeping asking if I’m alright as I lay on the road half way up Monitor Pass (yes, that’s the first pass)

I’m expecting this evening’s ride to be pretty nice actually, it’s warm here in the east bay, but there’s a breeze. Usually this means that it will be slightly windy up on the mountain, which is good.  It always helps when you’re overheating and gasping for breath to have a nice cool breeze to help you out…..or at least to keep the flies from congregating on your dead body…..

No comments: