Friday, August 8, 2008

Night photography is fun…..

My oldest daughter and I have been taking a photography class one night a week at the local rec. dept. And, although it’s only served to reinforce the fact that I’m not smart enough for the camera I have, it’s been a lot of fun.
Last week we worked on night photography which was actually very cool.
I had no idea how we were supposed to take pictures, at night, without the use of a flash.

Well, it turns out that exposing the picture longer, which is completely different than exposing yourself (that's downright weird....and illegal), actually makes for some really cool night pictures.

It turns out that fiddling with all those little tiny buttons, in the dark of night while trying to take pictures was one of the more challenging parts of the evening. Thank goodness my daughter with her better eyesight, bigger brain and smaller fingers was there to take care of that portion.

No comments: