Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm done with Winter....

Seriously done, completely finished and totally over it! Come on Spring!!!

I did get in a couple of days of skiing this year which were great – both turned out to be perfect days. One day it snowed heavily the entire day so there was nice powder to be found all day long, the other was the day after a storm on a perfectly clear blue sky day….

Both of these were great days and made me thankful for a good winter, but each was only one day out of the week. The rest of those weeks, the rain in the bay area prevented me from getting out and riding and pretty much kept me indoors.

Now, if you ask my wife, she’ll tell you I’m not good at being indoors. (or sitting still for that matter) I like to be outside. I tend to be restless and get bored really easily. Actually, I pretty much go crazy when it rains on the weekend and this weekend was even worse. Not only did it rain all weekend, but poor Deb had the flu… so we stayed indoors most of the weekend.

The upside is that the frustration at being locked down means that the kitchen is REALLY clean, lots of laundry got done, the bills got paid, all the old mail that’s been piling up on my desk got shredded, I made a new batch of granola, I made (and ate) a batch of brownies, the last of the firewood was split and burned, pictures were ordered from snapfish and sent to my mom, my itunes and ipod were updated with the CD’s I’ve been meaning to load, Deb’s iPod was updated, I started (and finished) a book I’ve wanted to read and all the magazines I’m behind on were finished and Deb and I watched a couple of pretty good movies. Oh, and I watched the Tour of California both days….

So, I guess it wasn’t a total waste but back to my original point, I’m done with winter. I’m ready for Spring. I want to be outside riding my bike and working in the yard. Besides, I now have to burn off an entire platter of brownies that somehow got eaten when I was on lockdown…..

No comments: