Friday, February 15, 2008

Thank goodness it's Friday!

I am SO glad it's Friday!!! For the past 2 days I've been playing IT guy here at work. Now real IT guys, or even those with at least some knowledge, would have thought relocating a couple of workstations and upgrading 4 others from desktops to laptops is no big deal.
But, the advantage they have is, they would actually have a clue as to what they were doing.

Actually, it really wasn't that big a deal. The company that sells us our equipment sent out a guy to do the real work. All I had to do was move stuff around, update some poeple's files and listen to all the whining from the poor poor people that are being forced to switch from old slow desktops to brand new, really fast, nice laptops.....oh, those poor souls....isnt' it horrible how we force them to use the latest and greatest equipment?
"Office 07 doesn't look like the old one, my desktop shortcuts are all gone, you messed up my papers when you took away the old CRT and gave me this new flat panel monitor...." fer cryin out loud ya bunch whiners, there are sales people everywhere that would love to get new laptops!!!! Besides, you need to clean your desks once in a while. After moving all your equipment I'm disgusted at how you keep your cubes....filthy I tell you filthy!!!

oh well, the good news is it IS Friday and that means....pizza and a video tonight!!! Yeah, I know you're thinking "wow, that guy is a party animal" Sorry, but I'm old and by the time Friday rolls around I'm wiped and that is the highlight of my week. besides, tomorrow is supposed to be another gorgeous California day and I've got a nice 45 mile ride planned with a few thousand feet of climbing so I need my rest. (Note - for those of you doing the Tour de Cure, I hope you're riding this weekend too....you know who you are)

On a completely different note, if you live in Hayward and are a voter (and you should be) make sure you check out the website on the proposed bond measure for our schools. http://www.yesforkids.org/ The site is still in the works, but you should bookmark it and check back regularly. This is a very important issue for those of you that are concerned about our kids and our property values.


No comments: