Monday, July 14, 2008

Exercising to lose weight……

Ok, so I fully acknowledge that I’m no longer 18 and I totally understand that as we get older it’s harder to lose weight. And to be honest, my whole idea of fitness has changed over the years.
My goal is no longer to have the Adonis like body with the 6 pack abs. (it’s just never gonna happen) I’m content that I still fit in my clothes and that I don’t have to buy those polyester slacks with the elastic in the back for adjustment.

What I don’t understand though, is why I can’t get down below 195lbs??? I’m riding 3x per week. And it’s not like I’m just out cruising the bike path either, I’m pushing it on every ride.
Of course, the fact that I eat and drink after every ride (in abundance by the way) may have something to do with it.
And also of course, when we did Chabot last week, we had this raging bbq afterwards where everyone brought way too much food and beer. So, maybe there's actually some truth to the idea that you have to burn more calories than you take in if you want to lose weight????

Hmmmm….maybe Mr Potato head should be my role model and fitness guru….

I think I’m going to have to accept the fact that I’m a Clydesdale and always will be.

On a completely different note, you should check out
www.fatcyclist.com this week.
They have their 09 jersey design out and are accepting pre-orders this week only.
I was able to get an 08 jersey (which is my all time favorite jersey) only by sheer luck. Evidently they sold out in a few hours and I just happened to log on when they still had them. One of the benefits of getting to work at the butt crack of dawn I guess.

No comments: